Joel D. Carpenter, CPA
Supervisor’s Accounting Clerk
Office: (518) 642-1238
Fax: (518) 642-0038
34 Main St., Granville, NY 12832
The Supervisor Clerk is responsible for all Town accounting under the direction of the Town Supervisor.
Functions of the Supervisor Accounting Clerk:
- Maintains the official records for all funds.
- Maintains all bank accounts.
- Receives deposits (except Youth Commission) and records all monies.
- Responsible for necessary cash flow and investments.
- Records and pays all approved expenditures.
- Records and pays Town debt service payments.
- Negotiates debt instruments.
- Prepares biweekly payroll.
- Prepares quarterly payroll reports & W-2’s.
- Prepares monthly retirement reports.
- Coordinates records for and payments of benefits for Town employees.
- Prepares monthly financial reports for the Town Supervisor and Town Board.
- Prepares the AUD Report – annual financial report sent to the New York State Comptroller.
- Works with State and independent auditors as needed, assists with annual audit of Town records.
- Assists the Town Board in the annual budget development process.